Lux Guardian Air
The Lux Guardian Air Platinum Purification System uses a combination of technologies proven to rid the air of contaminants.
Particles are first charged by an ion generator, creating an electrically charged attraction to the filter. Unlike other ionizers, Lux Guardian Air Platinum directs particles to the filter through the movement of air by the fan motor.
Most importantly, Lux Guardian Air Platinum produces no ozone during filtration. Photocatalytic Oxidation (PCO) then occurs, which is a proven technology that control pollutants by striking UV light on titanium dioxide. Any remaining particles are captured and retained by the filter, a unique media that performs above traditional HEPA filters.
- A special filter captures 99.97% of the tiniest particles as small as 0.1 microns, including pollen, smoke, dust mites, mold spores and pet dander
- Lux Guardian Air Platinum requires no more power than an average light bulb and is ENERGY STAR Certified
- 351 sq. ft. at 4.2 ACH (air changes per hour) or up to 2000 sq. ft. at 1.0 ACH
- Photocatalytic Oxidation (PCO) uses the combination of UV light and titanium dioxide to control contaminants
- Filter requires no weekly additives or washing, and replacement is as easy as sliding a new one in place
- Air is purified with virtually no noise – in fact it’s one of the quietest motors on the market today!
- A carbon pre-filter removes odors from the air, including cigar and cigarette smoke